in     by Administrator 09/10/2015
4.00 of 4 votes

Post-Divorce Modification of court orders and parenting plans:

If you have entered into a Marital Dissolution Agreement that divides your marital property, you cannot modify a property settlement.

If you have been ordered to pay alimony, it will depend on the terms of the alimony as to whether or not it can be modified.

Issues involving child custody, child support, parenting plans, and visitation are modifiable and can be changed when the circumstances warrant.

Most parenting plans require that the parents attend mediation prior to having a trial to change a court order. Even if the parenting plan does not require it, most of the judges in Middle Tennessee will require it. At LCFLC, we can act as the mediator or as your attorney. However, we cannot take both roles in your case. At your consultation, we will discuss these options with you. You should contact a LawCare attorney if you believe a modification may be warranted.




Family Law Case Review